Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Weekend in Moscow...

     Before letting us head off for our thoroughly enjoyable SPRING BREAK trips (well, mine was at least!), on Friday March 16th, we were shipped down to Moscow to explore Russia's capitol for the weekend. I think I'll let the pictures speak for the experience....

SPb ----> Moscow. Let the overnight train adventures begin!!
Here it is, the Express Express!!
The 4-person sleeper car was tiny, but we dealt with it for the free, stylish foot-wear (kudos to Katie for rocking the red gauze shoes so well)....

8:15 arrival? YIKES!

No worries though, we still all put on our happy faces as we took in the first views of Moscow


  


So we hopped on a bus, and our tour began on our first overcast day in the big city....

We saw Red Square



And then the montage of photos in front of and around Saint Basil's Cathedral began....









But not everyone was delighted to have their photos taken

.......just kidding!


Oddly enough, we also toured a cemetery....




I snapped another photo of a Russian bride....

And then it was off to the circus....


The bears were by far my favorite and least favorite part....
(just to clarify they were not my least favorite part because I expected them to do tricks on a bicycle and they did not, it was because I felt bad that they made bears walk around on 2 legs and get tossed around on planks of wood)

And then I saw something I figured my mother would rather enjoy!


And then we geared up for Day II....

Before gearing up to fly out to Lithuania I saw:

The Duma...

Beautiful Memorials...

Cathedrals in the Kremlin...

And, of course, a huge cannon....

And with a brief stop at Lenin's Mausoleum, I was ready for my back-packing adventures to begin. 


Moscow was a great time, but it was NOTHING compared to the week that followed. Spring Break 2012: Adventures in Backpacking was AMAZING!!! 
Look for a new post, full of more pictures, sometime this week!! (Hopefully).

dream.love.discover (new cities in Russia),
Dachelle






No comments:

Post a Comment

SMC Blogger