Friday, April 27, 2012

16: My favorite Russian Cartoon....


"Ну, погоди!" will always have a special place in my heart (well, the part of it that wishes, for some unknown reason, to be Russian-it's also the same part that thinks beets are delicious...). "Just You Wait!" follows a sneaky (and hipster-esque) Wolf (Волк) who plots, plunders, and of course fails at catching the Hare (Заяц). Likened to Tom and Jerry, this Soviet cartoon would definitely not fly back in the states with the Wolf's horrid set of habits and well, let's face it, because he's Russian (although he's just considered your average, every-day smoking, vandalizing hooligan!), but has always been one of my favorites. I was first introduced to it my first semester of Russian Language (русский язык) and have had the joy of watching it a few times in my Russian Language course here in SPb-needless to say, I still enjoy it just as much as I used to and hope you will enjoy it as well! 




dream.love.discover (a tricky, tricky Soviet Wolf's failures at capturing rabbits!),
Dachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SMC Blogger